Prokhorenkov Vladimir Sergeyevich
Economist. Vladimir specialises in microeconomic research. He is skilled in the analysis of oil refining economics and in various other sectors of the fuel and energy complex. Vladimir has made an important contribution to the creation of the complex mathematical tooling used by Petromarket RG to analyse the marginality and benchmarking of Russian refineries. He is also skilled in database design and therefore contributes to the work of the company’s information resource function.
He has worked at Petromarket RG since 2013 and for the greater part of his professional career to date.
In 2018, Vladimir was nominated by the company as "Best Employee of the Year" (an award bestowed since 2018 on the employee deemed to have made the greatest contribution to the success of the company).
Area of responsibility
- Vladimir is responsible for the implementation of projects related to the analysis of oil refining economics and petroleum product pricing.
- He is also responsible for developing complex computational oil industry models in MS Excel using MS Power Pivot, MS Power Query and VBA.
- He forms the methodological basis of the company’s information business area and is capable of turning vague primary statistics into precise information products.
- Expert Institute of the Higher School of Economics (2012-2014)
Whilst at the HSE, Vladimir was responsible for conducting research on energy, mining and metallurgical markets.
- Centre for Economic Assessment and Forecasting, Vladivostok State University of Economics and Service (2009-2010)
Here, Vladimir was responsible for developing a concept for creation of the Centre and for organising its activities.
- Higher School of Economics, Faculty of Economics (2010-2012)
Vladimir graduated with the degree of Master of Economics, specialising in microeconomic analysis.
- Vladivostok State University of Economics and Service, Department of Economics (2004-2009)
Vladimir graduated as an economist (diploma with honours).
- Vladivostok State University of Economics and Service, Department of Foreign Languages (2004-2009)
Vladimir graduated as a translator/interpreter of English (diploma with honours).