Targeted Research of Russian Regional Markets
In an effort to improve the transparency of regional motor fuel markets for both market participants and government authorities, Petromarket RG has created a specialised system for collecting and analysing data at the regional level. Petromarket RG is able to offer clients a set of processed and meaningful results obtained from its monitoring activities on regional markets in the form of marketing passports.
Which markets are considered to be within the competencies of the Petromarket Research Group?
Gasoline, diesel fuel and LPG.
Separate constituent entities of the Russian Federation or associations of neighbouring entities if their markets cannot be divided (for example, Moscow and the Moscow Region).
What do marketing passports contain?
- Regional balances of the supply and demand of motor fuels, assessment of regional market capacity.
- Market shares of the products of the various manufacturers in their coverage of regional demand.
- Market shares of bulk, wholesale and retail channels in covering regional demand.
- Market share of surrogate fuels in covering regional demand and the main suppliers of surrogates to the region.
- Trends in the dynamics of supply and demand and the factors that determine them.
- Capacity of the wholesale market and its market share in the coverage of regional demand.
- The system of regional petroleum storage facilities: owners, location and communications (transport links), tank containers, transhipment capacities and actual turnover.
- Regional operators on the wholesale market: legal entities, supporting petroleum storage facilities, origin of tradeable assets, ownership of filling station networks, sales volumes and market share of the wholesale market.
- The role of vertically-integrated oil companies and independent operators on the small-scale wholesale market.
- Trends in the development of the small-scale wholesale market.
- Retail market capacity and its share in covering regional demand.
- Regional filling station networks: location, owners and essential station characteristics.
- Regional retail market operators: legal entities, number of filling stations controlled, petroleum storage facilities owned or leased, origin of tradeable assets, sales volumes and share of the retail market.
- The role of vertically-integrated oil companies and independent operators in the retail market.
- Trends in the development of the retail market.
- Dynamics of regional wholesale and retail fuel prices and pricing factors.
- Comparison of small-scale wholesale and retail prices with average prices for Russia as a whole and with prices for the neighbouring regions.
- Marginality of regional small-scale wholesale and retail trade “by fuel”.
- The dynamics of regional macroeconomic and demographic indicators that can affect motor fuels consumption.
- The size and fuel structure of regional vehicle fleets.
- The methods of regulating the fuel market at regional level.
What makes Petromarket RG marketing passports different?
Maximum degree of confidence
Petromarket RG’s own tried and tested information base and knowledge of the structure of regional fuel markets accumulated over many years serve as a guarantee of the authenticity of the company’s marketing passports.
The depth to which various issues in the marketing passports are studied may vary, in accordance with the interests of the client.
Reasonable deadlines and affordable costs
By minimising the cost of acquiring research data and standardising the procedures of calculation and analysis, Petromarket RG is able to offer its clients sensible deadlines for project completion at an attractive price.
Petromarket RG’s Russian regional marketing passports have become an industry standard and are ordered year on year by the leading Russian vertically-integrated oil companies.
Petromarket RG invites you to order its regional marketing passports.
How do I order a marketing passport?
Submit an application, indicating the following:
- the regions of interest to you;
- the required retrospective;
- the aspects of regional markets which are of most importance to you.
If you already have a draft proposal for your marketing passport requirements, please attach this to your application.